Saturday, December 08, 2007

Snow Storm!

We're having our first real snow storm of the season! Silly me thought I should drive to town to make herbal gifts with a friend, but after about 2 hrs, the snow still coming down in force (1/2 inch per hour), I decided to call it quits and head home before darkness made the driving more treacherous, along with increased snow. They are forecasting another 4 inches overnight.

We made it home safe, despite not having snow tires on the car yet. I've been meaning to get some, but it just hasn't happened yet, and really, when it is snowing like this, I'd much prefer to stay home or take the bus than drive. It's been many years since I drove in the snow, though I grew up doing it. I was surprised that I wasn't more nervous.

But now that I'm home, and won't be leaving tomorrow either, I'm thinking of snowed in activities. I'll probably bake a squash and make something yummilicious. I'd like to continue making holiday herbal gifts for people, and making salve, or creams sounds like fun. ( But somehow I've misplaced a 5lb chunk of shea butter from africa. How does one lose 5 lbs of shea butter??)

I'll just have to see what strikes my fancy tomorrow. Maybe we'll build a snowman!

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~