Saturday, December 08, 2007

Snow storm addendum

It's snowing more, and now they forecast almost a foot overnight, with the heaviest snow right here.
:D
I love snow storms when I'm all cozy inside, with no where to go. I remember we arrived in Boulder on Dec 15 last year. On Dec 20 there was a huge snowstorm that dumped about 2 ft of snow overnight. We had just moved in somewhere, and hadn't retrieved anhything out of storage or even gone grocery shopping. Snowed in!

I guess it isn't quite that bad, but who knows, the weathermen never really know what is going on. The roads haven't been plowed, except for the highway we took to get home from Boulder. Neighboorhood streets are covered with inches of snow.

We ordered food in tonight, since driving has become out of the question, for me anyway. Last year we were buried in snow, but since we had no food, we walked out in the blizzard to the mexican restaurant down the block.

It's funny, I spend so much time thinking about how much I DONT like this area, but I have so many fond memories that I'll hold dear for the rest of my life. Like snowstorms. I feel like a little kid, filled with glee at the white wonder, quieting and putting the earth to sleep under her blanket.

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~