Blue Turtle Botanicals is Seeking an Online Store Manager
Blue Turtle Botanicals is seeking an online store manager for various online storefronts - including Etsy, Poppy Swap, and website sales. Position is very part time, 5-10 hrs a week, and can be done from your own home/computer. You must have regular and reliable access to an efficient computer and web access. There is the potential for local (tucson, az) applicants to do more onsite in person store tasks (labeling product, filling orders, shipping orders, product photography, production). You will be working closely with a small herbal business owner, clinical herbalist and medicine maker, Darcey Blue, as she grows her product line and store front- and you must be reliable, a good communicator and excited about herbal medicine and herbal products!
Asking for a commitment of a year after an initial 90 day trial period to make sure it is a good fit.
Compensation:free products and/or Herbal Consultations based on hours worked.
Tasks to be performed:
- Creating listings and templates for new products at multiple store fronts.
- editing, cropping and uploading product pictures
- Writing product descriptions
- Making necessary changes and editing and relisting product descriptions as needed
- Keeping track of when products go out of stock/sell out/don't sell
- weekly communication with darcey about all store needs (phone and email)
- online marketing of products via facebook, twitter, email on a weekly basis
- Computer skills: facility and familiarity with web store applications, excel spreadsheets, word processing, photo editing (picasa, photoshop etc), email - you must be comfortable and confident in computer and web use with the ability to problem solve, troubleshoot in online web store applications
- Basic herbal knowledge and familiarity with herbal products
- attention to details and thouroughness
- writing- grammatically correct and engaging
- ability to describe products in an effective, honest and exciting way
- absolute trustworthiness and confidentiality regarding business details, product/formulation, text copy and any other property of Blue Turtle Botanicals
To apply please send a letter of interest- including why you would be a good fit, why this excites you, your relavent experience and contact info for 2 personal references.
You may include a CV or resume documenting relavent experience.
Please send all materials to Darcey at firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 20, 2012