Sunday, May 25, 2008

Un-settling in

Well I've been working hard on a post for you all, but between house hunting and everything else required to get resettled in Tucson, I haven't finished it yet.

The weather is back to normal: HOT. I'm sweating up a storm. I've run into several old friends, one who was kind enough to open her living room to us for the night.

We've looked at a lot of places in the last few days, a couple of which are probably too pricey for us at this time, but really adorable, and a couple that are more affordable, but either not ready for immediate move in, or just a little less cute than I'd like. But I' m really anxious to find a place to put my bags down and unpack and make into my home.

We joined a raw milk co-op and will start getting raw local milk in June, but strangely enough, I've found TWO local stores selling raw milk and I'm not sure how that works. But I can't get it until I get a place to fridge it. I'm so looking foward to making some raw cheeses, yogurt, kefirs, sour cream, and use it for my herbs. I've been missing my almond milk with ashwaganda, rose, and cardamom in it.

We're in full swing pitta season here, and the more cooling, moistening foods I can incorporate into our diet the better. Milk, ghee, and I'm dreaming of melon soups with yougurt, mint and rose, cucumber and tomato salad, shrimp with lime and cilantro, and more. Lassis with rose and mango and mint.

Hopefully by next week we'll be settled and next weekend I can hit the local farmers market and pick up some local produce and grass fed meat from local people. Went into my favorite little local health food store/market and found some of our favorite speciality items that we have to buy at the market, and I'm making the commitment in my head to shop as locally as I can from now on. Whole Foods is here, and is convienent, and has grass-fed meats, but I'd rather support the local little guy.

I am actively seeking clients in the Tucson area now, and if your interested in having a consultation with me using herbs, diet and nutrition, flower essences or some combination, please get in touch with me. I don't have a clinic office yet, but will travel to your place or meet you somewhere convienient.

I'm also available for private herb walks and will be scheduling some public herb walks very soon. Again, e-mail me if interested.

I'm thrilled to be back in Arizona, and look foward to the future as your community herbalist in Tucson, AZ.

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~