Sunday, March 23, 2008

Moody Ghee

I'm making a new batch of ghee (clarified butter) this bright sunny morning. I'm learning that ghee can be very moody. It always spits and sputters a little as the liquid simmers off the butter fat, but this batch, my goodness, has burped and shouted all morning, large bubbles shooting hot butter fat into the air, all over the stove and onto the floor. Stand back from this pot it says, stay out of my way!

sheesh! This batch is going to take some hours of coaxing as I have it on the LOWEST heat setting to avoid all the ghee ending up on the stove rather than in the pan.

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~