Friday, October 12, 2007

Flying South for the Winter

I went to the Clinic this morning to see a client (Woot!!) and heard a funny noise. I looked up and a HUGE flock of geese, in V formation, were honking and flying south for the winter. ALmost all the trees have changed color, yellow is abundant in the golden, shimmering cottonwoods, and red oaks and sumachs splash the gold here and there in yards and parks.
I feel so alive today, I am doing something I've been aiming at for 5 years. Being a herbalist, seeing clients and helping them with their health, through the use of nutrition, herbs and building a vital life force. It's exciting, energzing, and wonderful.

It's the weekend, I harvested hawthorn berries last night before class, and have a boxful to put up in brandy. Hawthorn syrup would be tasty too!

We'll probably go get more grassfed bison from Phil at Rocky Plains this weekend, and go do yoga.
It's a cool grey, overcast fall day...leaves are blowing, winter is coming. Every day is one step further on the path of my calling....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They left here a few weeks ago...

Darcey Blue said...

I imagine so, I liked seeing them go... a cycle was completing, changing, turning.

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~