Friday, January 14, 2011

Craving Killer Cocoa

So, you know how it goes...holiday craziness ensues and the sugar monster comes out to bite...
it's a real pain to get free of the sugar cravings once you cave in ....

I spent all day today desperately craving things I shouldn't eat...and not even hungry, rather stuffed full of vindaloo roast, farm eggs, tea and more...but none the less...I was aching for a morsel of something sweet.

Willpower withstood while at work, but came home and whipped up this totally sugar free cocoa drink to kill the craving...complete with protein, minerals, and tastiness!

Heat water in a tea kettle to boiling.
In a mug whip together:
2 tbsp cocoa,
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp mild chile powder
pinch of sea salt and/or 10 trace minerals drops
two or three tbsp of piima cream or whipped coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk

Slowly pour hot water over the whipped cocoa piima egg mix gently stirring as you do. Out comes a frothy, foamy, deeply chocolate, creamy delight.

If you want, you can add some stevia to the mix for a slightly sweeter drink, but remember those bitter flavors are there to help you with your sugar cravings!

Yum!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds amazing. I must order piima culture. I have a link to the site that Kiva recommends but I never seem to get around to it.

Anonymous said...

¡¡gracias por compartirlo!!
bendiciones

Rachel said...

This sounds wonderful! I'm going to have to get some piima.

Barb from Allendale said...

I have a couple questions: Can you use the whole egg or is there a reason not to? Can I use coffee as the liquid, to make a killer mocha, or would that be counter productive? I love this stuff! I began with adding little honey, but now I find I don't need it. Thanks!

Darcey Blue said...

sure, use the whole egg. If you froth up the egg whites well into peaks it will mak the cocoa much foamier too. THe yolks have the body and nutrition i'm looking for, but use the whole egg! by all means. And you can use coffee if you want.

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~