Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kitchen Devotions


So here it is! My kitchen protector, benefactor and such. It's baby Krishna, stealing and eating butter. Oh yes. I think it is very appropriate since we've joined a local raw milk co-op, and I'll be able to get raw cream as well, churn my own butter from lovingly cared for animals, and even make ghee should I desire it. I think this is the cutest butter eating krishna murti I've seen. I spent a while searching through the piles of murti's at the metaphysical store yesterday and found one small one that was rather expensive, and not exactly like I had envisioned, but it was the only one. Then when I went to buy it, the lady at the counter had this one under the register just waiting for me. Like it was just waiting for me up there.

Anyway, I'm going to set up a little place in my kitchen to say my prayers and become present before cooking any meal. Hopefully right above the gas stove. We're spending a lot of time deciding how to arrange our new place and making sure to include plenty of sacred space in all the rooms, including the back yard. It feels so good to have a place of our own again, clean, organized, peaceful and sacred. I wake up every day ( that's about two so far in the new place) so grateful to be back in the Sonoran Desert and to have a nice place of my own to make as I want. The energy here is amazing, and it is flowering around us so abundantly. Things are happening just as we need them to be, finding a home, finding a way to make some money while we get our respective practices up and running, running into friends, both old and new. As my sweetie says, southern arizona is magical. You put out the energy and it boomerangs back to you manifesting just what you need when you need it. We are so blessed!

I spend moments wavering between fear and panic of the uncertainty and transition, and blissful moments of gratitude and pleasure at the way things are unfolding in just the space of a week. Well, techinically under a week! We got here last friday.

I'm going to devote this weekend to reconnecting with the land and plants of my home. I'm going to head up the mountain, perhaps gathering some grape leaves and mugwort to stock my herbal pantry and kitchen, visiting my special spot, and then heading to the local farmers market to buy produce and grass fed local meat, and perhaps inquire about a booth in the future to sell some chaparral salves and herbal teas.

My new home also has a giant, old chaparral bush right in front, and much to my delight this morning, underneath the lower branches we found 3 baby chaparral bushes growing all lush and bright green! A suitable protector spirit of the desert to guard our new home.
Welcome!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful. I really enjoyed this.

And I also just tagged you :-)
http://witchenkitchen.com

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~