Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cottonwood Snow



I've always lived around cottonwoods, and have noticed the cottonwood fluff floating about before. I've even noticed the fluff in mounds, thick and fluffy, on the ground in nooks and crannies, but NEVER have I seen the abundance of fluff floating about as I have today. It's like a constant snowfall of white fluff. If you check out the full sized pictures above you can see the abundance floating in the sky, and just look at that tree....oozing white fluffly stuff.

I love it! it feels like a fairy gift from the cottonwood spirit. First come the resinous medicinal buds, and the beautiful, sensual red catkins, and NOW the gift of fluffy seeds!
It made me sneeze as I stood outside and watched it float about me, and got stuck in my hair. Lovely truly lovely. It is so light, it floats UPWARD from the ground, and all around in every direction. Not just down from the tree tops.

I love it. I'm going out to play!!

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~