Thursday, February 23, 2006

Southwest Conference on Botanical Medicine

I got my registration for the SW Botanical Medicine Conference in the mail yesterday! Yipeeee!
I went last year and learned so much, and connected with so many amazing herbalists. I'm really looking foward to this year, since one of my teachers, Rosemary Gladstar will be there! and one i've never met, but have relied upon greatly as a source of information about plants in the southwest, Michael Moore. I'm looking foward to finally hearing him talk about herbs in person.

Other favorites in attendence this year are Paul Bergner, Cascade Anderson Geller and Ryan Drum. There are also a whole host of Naturopathic doctors, Mary Bove, Jill Stansbury, et al. I tend to stick to the lectures given by herbalists- my own personal preference.

They are also offering field studies led by Mimi Kamp and Fransisco Ozuna or Cascade and Phyllis Hogan. I went on the study with Cascade and Phyllis and enjoyed and afternoon among the beauty of the bloom desert ( as last year was so full of rain mositure, the flowers were incredible). I really wonder what we'll find this year....Something magical is sure to happen though.
In additon there are herb walks offered at local botanical gardens and vendors and more. I also get to connect with other herb friends and folk that i haven't seen in a while. Granted, Tempe isn't my idea of the ideal spot for a bunch of herbaists to kibbutz around in...BUT...the lectures are worth it. I might get to the women's Herbal conference this year if i want to run around barefoot in the grass and sleep in fields of flowers.

No comments:

"The mother of us all, the oldest of us all, Hard, splendid as rock, Let the beauty you love, be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth"~ Rumi ~